Check out our 30 Day ChallengesJanuary 22, 2019
Simple plan to Weight LossMarch 28, 2019
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup cottage cheese, low- fat or non-fat
- ¾ cup rolled oats (use GF oats for GF option)
- 2 tsp honey*
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- salt to taste
- ½ cup sliced fresh strawberries (or fruit of your choice)
- Place all ingredients ( except strawberries) in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Spray a large skillet (or griddle) with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. If using heart shaped molds place on skillet and fill with ¼ cup batter. (if not using heart molds, pour ¼ cup batter directly on skillet/griddle). When pancakes start to bubble, remove heart mold (if using)and flip pancakes over. Cook until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter (spray skillet or griddle with non-stick spray between batches)
- Top with sliced strawberries.
- Serve with syrup or chocolate sauce if desired.
* For lower sugar option you can use ½ banana instead of honey ( reduces sugar grams to 7.9 g) or use 1-2 packets of stevia (reduces sugar grams to 5.4 g)
Serving size: ½ recipe (3 pancakes) Calories: 278 Fat: 8.1 g Saturated fat: 2.2 gCarbohydrates: 31.7 g Sugar: 10.6 Sodium: 349 mg Fiber: 4 g Protein: 20.8 gCholesterol: 189.4 mg